The Dialog: Healey Education Foundation Will Fortify Diocesan Schools for the Future
Four elementary schools are part of a new partnership between the Diocese of Wilmington and the Healey Education Foundation that will help schools sustain their future with improved marketing, fundraising and planning. (See full article by Mike Lang, The Dialog, Serving the Catholic Community of Delaware and Maryland’s Eastern Shore).
The Foundation’s newest partner schools are:
- All Saints Catholic School (Wilmington, DE)
- Immaculate Conception School (Elkton, MD)
- St. Francis de Sales School (Salisbury, MD)
- St. Mary Magdalen School (Wilmington, DE)
“… Historically, Catholic schools have looked at taking of students from one school to another. We don’t have to be about that. There are plenty of students out there. The best school is the school that fits your family….” – Dr. Mary Elizabeth Muir, Principal, All Saints Catholic School
Progress Report — September 2017
Since the initial announcement of the partnership, the Healey Education Foundation and four partner schools have:
- Conducted parent focus groups to learn more about their perceptions of the strengths, challenges and opportunities that the schools face
- Completed extensive hiring processes for full-time advancement directors
- Begun work on the schools’ missions and branding
- Planned for fall open houses and early re-registration
The beginning of the school year is a time of great excitement and energy. The new advancement directors are meeting this excitement with their own ideas and creativity around sharing their schools’ unique value propositions.
The new advancement directors are more than up to the task of ensuring that their schools are no longer the best kept SECRET in town. Rather, their schools’ names will be synonymous with their tremendous offerings: academic rigor, high school readiness and personal development. – Megan Famular, Healey Director of Schools